DUBLIN, February 3, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “Haptics – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
Global haptics market to reach US$28.1 billion by 2026
While traditional haptics end-use markets such as smartphones and gaming continue to support demand, stronger growth is expected in emerging markets such as wearables, smart homes, automotive and healthcare , the military which is expected to experience strong growth. Haptic technology is being explored in various automotive applications ranging from driver alerts to infotainment systems.
The market is also benefiting from the introduction of new types of actuator hardware, software drivers and system integration. The introduction of the next generation of haptic ICs has increased the potential of haptics to provide a richer human-machine interface (HMI) experience for applications such as smartphone gaming, virtual/augmented reality ( VR/AR), PC trackpads, watches and wearables. , and automotive touch screens and button.
Additionally, startups are coming up with new software and hardware solutions and securing significant funding to support the technology. Some of the exciting developments in this direction are open-air haptics, a wearable device on the wrist to deliver sound through the skin, and exoskeleton force feedback gloves for remote manipulation and VR.
Amid COVID-19 crisis, Global Haptics Market Estimated at US$13.8 billion in 2020, is expected to reach a revised size of US$28.1 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 12.7% over the analysis period. Touch, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.5% to reach 24 billion US dollars at the end of the analysis period.
After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and induced economic crisis, Force segment growth is readjusted to a revised CAGR of 10.7% for the next 7-year period. This segment currently represents a 28.3% share of the global haptics market.
The US market is estimated at $1.8 billion in 2021, when China is expected to reach $6 billion by 2026
The haptics market in the United States is estimated at US$1.8 billion in 2021. The country currently accounts for a 12.1% share of the global market. Chinaworld’s second largest economy, is expected to reach an estimated market size of US$6 billion in 2026 with a CAGR of 15.4% over the analysis period.
Other notable geographic markets include Japan and Canada, each predicting growth of 9.2% and 10.4% respectively over the analysis period. In Europe, Germany is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 9.2% while the rest of the European market (as defined in the study) will reach 7 billion US dollars at the end of the analysis period. The need to replace an aging aircraft fleet, particularly in North America and Europe provides opportunities for haptics in commercial flight simulation equipment.
Select contestants (119 total featured)
- 3D Systems, Inc.
- AAC Technologies
- ALPS ALPINE Co. Ltd.
- CyberGlove Systems LLC
- Dongwoon Anatech Co.Ltd.
- Forced quotation
- Happion S.A.
- Immersion society
- Infineon Technologies SA
- Johnson Electric Holdings Limited
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- Moog Inc.
- Precision Microdrives Ltd.
- SMK Company
- Synaptics Incorporated
- TDK Company
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
Main topics covered
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Impact of COVID-19 and a looming global recession
- 2020: A year of disruption and transformation
- As the race between the virus and vaccines heats up, where is the global economy going in 2021
- Haptics gain importance as contactless technologies gain interest
- Haptics: a prelude
- Types of haptic feedback
- Benefits of using haptics
- Challenges in using haptics
- Top Use Cases for Haptic Technology
- Market Outlook
- Key future trends in haptic technology
- Recent market activity
- Select Innovations
2. FOCUS ON CERTAIN PLAYERS
3. MARKET TRENDS AND DRIVERS
- Haptic presents a powerful marketing tool to improve customer experience and loyalty
- New opportunities for haptic touchpads in laptops
- Smart homes and home automation systems to deliver strong opportunities
- Growing importance of haptics in AR and VR applications
- Multi-channel haptics to drive growth
- Automotive and Transportation for Wider Adoption
- For electric car manufacturers, haptic technology is a new option to stand out and differentiate
- Faurecia and Immersion Corporation partner to develop highly interactive haptic user interfaces
- Demand for a more immersive user experience is driving the integration of haptics into video games
- Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the gaming industry
- Main statistical results
- Strong growth in mobile video usage is driving the business case for haptics
- Opportunity Indicator
- Haptics win at the expense of the smartphone home button
- Opportunity Indicators
- Qualcomm Advanced Haptics for Android
- The touch computing revolution opens a new window of opportunity for haptics
- An introduction to high definition haptic feedback
- Haptics emerge as a key strategy for product differentiation
- Haptic technology for virtual prototyping
- Haptics in healthcare: a booming field
- Simulated training drives the adoption of haptics in surgical procedures
- Growing role of haptic technology in designing innovative products with increased functionality
- Haptic technology finds opportunities in retail to improve the shopping experience
- UltraHaptics to introduce a new era of contactless touchscreens
- Wearable haptics are gaining prominence in personalized devices
- Robotics emerges as an essential application of haptic feedback
- The proliferation of touch screens, tactile surfaces and their inherent limitations in user interface are amplifying interest in haptics
- Adoption of Touchscreens in Public Shared Devices: An Attractive Growth Opportunity
- Haptic technology offers a myriad of exciting possibilities
- Focus on industrial automation drives interest in haptics
- Development of Next-Generation Automated Aircraft Drives Demand for Haptics in Commercial Flight Simulation Equipment
- Haptic technology finds application in space
- Haptics will revolutionize molecular biology and cell research
- Potential application of haptic technology for creating mobility devices for the visually impaired
- Haptics in the entertainment industry
4. GLOBAL MARKET OUTLOOK
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Total number of companies profiled: 119
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/il6lfi
Research and Markets
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For USA/CAN call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets